Thursday, April 23, 2009

Vintage Thursday Thingies

Here are a few "Thingies" I found that I wanted to share...
I love my local Thrift Store. It is actually a consignment/thrift store. About 3 times a year I will take in a bunch of stuff that I am tired of looking at or am just too lazy to sell on Ebay and let Diane the owner put it in Thrift Store. I keep a running balance so that when I need a :::fix::: of thrift shopping I can just use my acquired balance and it is almost like shopping for free.

Here are a few things I found this week... First "Mr Peanut" jar. It is plastic and I think it will do very well in Ebay. It is different and unique.


Next is a cute collection of "Flintstones" cups (glass) that you use to get with McDonaldsHappy Meals. These brought back a lot of memories when my kids were little.


Could not let this go! A Homer Laughlin Creamer. I do not yet know the pattern, do you? Its just so darn cute.







15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those are definitely some great finds! My dad collects promo items like Happy Meal toys and Mr. Peanut.

ClassyChassy said...

The creamer is my favorite - it is very pretty! Happy VTT to you!

Sarah said...

That creamer looks like it is in pristine condition! Nice find.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

ahhh nice creamer! I love collecting creamers.. and yours is pretty.. happy VTT

Barb said...

Love that rose pitcher.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Stephanie said...

oh the little pitcher is vert=y sweet. Wish I could help ya out on the pattern!

Susan said...

Ah, Mr. Peanut is a favorite around here. I like your way of shopping.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Ooo, what great finds! Love the creamer and the mugs made me lol. I sooo remember those!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness...I love the precious creamer...Have a wonderful Thursday..julie

CC said...

I love your finds. The peanut jar is wonderful, but that little creamer is just beutiful. You found some great things. Happy VTT,and have a wonderful weekend.

Protector of Vintage said...

What great finds!! I especially love the creamer. I'm a china addict!! Have a nice day!

Lisa said...

Thanks for all your great comments! The creamer seems to be a favorite! It is a cutie!

Coloradolady said...

I don't know the pattern for the creamer, but it is a gem. I am sure that Mr. Peanut will do very well on Ebay, he is so cute! Have a happy VTT. Thanks for posting today!

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

that little milk jug is adorable :)

farmlady said...

Surprise! Your beautiful little creamer is a Cavalier Eggshell shape in the Margaret Rose pattern(MW185), made by Homer Laughlin China in Newell, West Virgina.

Go to see it at: http://www.robbinsnest.com/homer-laughlin-china/cavalier/margaretrose.html

Enjoy it and have a nice day.