Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Fill a Bag" for $5.00




A couple of weeks ago, mom and I went to a local church rummage sale.  We got there late and they were almost ready to close.  We were given a plastic grocery bag and told we could fill it up for 5 bucks.  Here is a picture of what we bought.

As you can see from the picture, I have already sold a couple of items.  The red Pirates of the Caribbean bandannas were the first to go.  They both sold to the same person for 5.99 each.   Last night, the mushroom coffee pot and sugar bowl sold for $19.00.

I still have the black leather purse( Fossil) listed and the two rice bag purses listed.  The other items have already found good homes.  The stuffed toys will be going into an operation Christmas Child shoe box later this year.

Not a bad return  for a $5.00 investment.

Do you have success on "fill a bag" garage sales/thrift store sales?


Mom update:  @ Cents To Save

5 comments:

spymay said...

When I first looked at the picture,I thought "Wow that's unusual.A purse with a chicken head on it."Took me a second to realize that the purse was leaning against the chicken.LOL

Lisa said...

That is funny! Yeah.... I took the picture on my mom's stove/counter. Pretty much roosters everywhere!

Jeanne said...

That just tickles me when you can turn $5 into such a tidy profit!

Cap Creations said...

Yeah I love fill a bag sales! You did good! Thanks for linking at Cap Creations.

Diann said...

A great haul and a great profit! congrats! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF and have a terrific day!