Sunday, August 26, 2012

Amusing Finds

How would you like to see these at your breakfast table? A cute fine at the Salvation Army for a mere .79 cents each. My son in law is a Star Wars geek so he inherited them.
It has been busy around here! I have been on a mission to get my store listings to 300. Tonight, the count stands at 297. So close.......
Selling on eBay has been somewhat of an adventure. Not too long ago I was on a listing frenzy and had inadvertently incorrectly described an item. The item was purchased and I sent it out to the customer. Not long after she received the item I was getting emails from her regarding the item. I had listed it as one size and it clearly was smaller. Such an idiot! I was so mortified that I refunded ALL her money and apologized profusely. Hoping with fingers crossed that she not ding me on the feedback.
Another cute find at the thrift store. A Mickey and Minnie mouse votive set still in the box. They are definitely adorable. They are currently listed and have watchers.
Trolls. So ugly they are cute. They hang out with me in my eBay room, my good luck charms. As I find more I will share them with you:-)
How has your thrifting been going?
 
 

 

4 comments:

kellisretrokitchenarts said...

Are you kidding me?!?!?! Seriously, $.79 each? I swear, I just paid - less than 2 weeks ago - $29.99 + s & h for those at Williamns - Sonoma for MY son-in-law's Christmas present because he and my daughter at SW geeks as well. I want to go to YOUR salvation army! Other than THAT shocker, I thought I had been doing pretty well in fact, yard sales this weekend garnered some really great stuff!

Lisa said...

Yep, just $.79 each! I looked them up on eBay and saw that they were Williams and Sonoma products and quite pricey.

It was a tough decision to NOT to sell them :)

But the son-in-law is happy!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Wow! You're almost at 300 items in your eBay store?! That's a lot of work. Congratulations!

I know exactly how you feel with the booboo. If you're working, you're going to make them. Send stuff to the wrong person, miss seeing a flaw, put up the wrong picture or description... I've done them all. More than once. And like you, I'm mortified when it happens. And react the same way you did. Just refund the whole thing. Sigh.

Kristen said...

I was up to 300 for a few months last year and it's not easy to keep that up. But the more I list, the more that sells so I think it's worth it in the end! Good luck!