Monday, December 17, 2012

"How Do You Get So Much Stuff For Free?"





Once in awhile a reader will leave me a question in the comments as Donna did.  She writes:

Donna in Warrenton, VA said...
How do you get so much stuff for free? Do you have someone that just gives you all this stuff? I've found a few things in the free boxes at yard sales but they're usually broken or mostly trash.

Thanks.
Donna


 Easy enough to answer.  Many of my family members and extended family members know that I sell on eBay.  For instance, my mom had collected Pyrex, EAPC and purses for years.  She is now at a stage in her life where she is wanting to simplify her life.




Without fail, every time I go over to visit she has another box of stuff packed up for me. In my wash room there are shelves filled with Pyrex.  She wants me to sell it, but little did she know that I love Pyrex too!   Once in awhile I will list a piece, but I think next year I am going to try to get it all listed.




My son in law's mother use to set up at Flea Markets to sell stuff.  I am not quite sure where she got all her stuff, but she too has been cleaning out her home and de cluttering.  My son in law brings all the blue totes full of stuff (some of it good, some of it not) and plops them in my garage.  When time permits, I go through a tote or two.   If the items are easy to list, I will take them into the house and get busy.




 I save clothes last to list.  They are usually good sellers, but I hate measuring everything!   I really have to be in the mood to list clothes.     

The free items are definitely a plus, but even though I do have stuff to list here at the house, I still cannot resist a thrift store!!

Have you put your Goals together for 2013?  Link them up here and share your inspiration with others!


2 comments:

Donna in Warrenton, VA said...

Thanks for all the info. That's really cool that your family ends up giving you all that stuff. That clears up the mystery as to where the good stuff comes from. I do check free boxes and have gotten some free stuff off CraigsList but it's usually not nearly as good as the stuff you sold on ebay.

Thanks,Donna

Lisa Richardson said...

Thanks for asking the question! Hope you find more free stuff to list!

Lisa