Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Variety of Thoughts

My personal listing challenge was to list at least 3 items per day.  My experience  has been that the more I list on a daily basis the more sales I receive.  Last week I listed approximately 25 items with the great majority being CD's that I purchased in bulk from a Thrift Store.

Time management is an issue for me.  I think   I want to be a full time eBay seller.  But I still work two other part-time jobs that take up about 35 hrs per week.  Auction Momma has a great article on Time Management  and selling full time online.   Even though I don't yet sell full time on eBay I still need to better manage my eBay selling time.


This weekend, I did hit a few garage sales and thrift stores.  I am trying to keep my buying under control :)



But, at the thrift store, I found a large ziplock bag of National Geographic maps, about 35 of them to be exact.  The maps were included in the magazine back in the 70's and 80's. I have already sold one of them.

link
.





















The variety of maps include maps from Euope, South America, and the United States.   I just love vintage maps and globes.  Selling the maps will be easy, but my globes are not going anywhere.

How are your sales going this week?




Euope, South America, and the United States. 








3 comments:

Kalamity Kelli said...

It has been a long time since I sold anything on eBay but last week I began to sell our graphic glasses and tobacianna collections. It took 2 days to list 79 items (I was dead tired after taking pictures, editing them, and listing) and they begin coming off today. I have more to list as I sell some. Because some of my glasses are very desirable by some collectors, I have tons of watchers but few bids so far. I expect the bids will all come in the last few minutes. But, I am determined to get these items into new homes so I will keep it up!

Margaret said...

Congrats on listing 25 items last week. That's awesome. I have not listed much at all this year, and need to get my but back into gear...afraid I'll lose my Top Rated Plus seller rating. I own another full time business that has been keeping me quite busy lately..and I do our own taxes too and am still working on getting all of my book keeping done from last year. My goal is to finish that sucker asap and get listing again!!

Margaret @ Live Like No One Else

We are: clamco said...

Great find on those maps! I have some tourist maps of Toyko from the 70's for sale. I hope they sell.