Friday, April 26, 2013

Checking In




These last couple of weeks have been busy, not necessarily  with eBay, but with other family matters.  If you did not already know, my mom is fighting breast cancer (2004) that has metastasized or spread to her skull and her spine.  This has been going on since December 2011.  

She has been in and out of the hospital numerous times.  In fact, she was just in the hospital with nosebleeds and disorientation last week.  They are still not sure what caused that, in fact we are going to see her neurosurgeon today to rule out some causes of her current condition.  I guess we need to find out if this is her new normal or can surgical intervention improve her condition.

In a way, I guess eBay being slow as molasses is not necessarily a bad thing, as my plate is pretty full with two part time jobs and the care of my mom. I am blessed to have the support of my family and as the only child I am grateful for them. 

Looking forward to a productive weekend and I hope the same for you all too!


2 comments:

We are: clamco said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. I keep hearing of more and more people with moms and sisters who are fighting breast cancer. It's very troubling.
Sending healing thoughts to ((((you and your mom)))).

Kalamity Kelli said...

My heart goes out to you and your mom Happy Girl. Times like these call for concentration on the family and not the blog or eBay. we'll all be here when you get time. Take care.