Sunday, June 2, 2013

Saying Good-Bye

 

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 mom left this world to be with her heavenly family. No more suffering, no more pain. She fought a valiant fight against the cancer that consumed her, but she had no more to give.

Her last week here with us was spent alleviating her pain and discomfort with the help of Hospice. After her last doctor visit with her primary, mom became weaker and more disoriented. She declined food, but would still take liquids.

We were with her around the clock, taking care of her, talking to her, watching her breathe.

My kids and their families were able to spend individual time with mom and say their good-byes through out the week. At the time we did not know it was her last week on earth,but it appeared God granted us that precious time.

Her final breath was drawn at 1:20 PM with me by her side. It was peaceful for both of us.

The last 18 months with mom ( when the cancer returned) have been a blessing for me and my family. We were allowed the pleasure to share the difficult journey with her,help her with my dad, lift her spirits, and reconnect.

God was gracious with my mom.

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Linden Townhouse said...

My sincerest sympathies to you. One of the saddest days in our lives is losing a parent. The loss is always felt. But what a comfort to know your mother has gone on before you, resting in Jesus, and waiting for you to join her someday. "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints."

We are: clamco said...

Lisa,
I'm glad her passing was peaceful and that you were there with her. You sound very courageous, a trait you no doubt got from your beautiful mom. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family.
Lorraine

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Lisa, but I'm glad you were able to have that time with your mom. You are one of the strongest people I've had the pleasure of "meeting" online and I know your mom benefited from having you there with her. Hugs to you and your family - I'll be praying for comfort and peace for all of you.

Cheapchick said...

I am so sorry for your loss - but at least her suffering is now over. Take care.

Ashley@SimplySellingGirl said...

I am sorry for your loss. What a gift to be able to say your goodbyes and spend her last moments with her. Prayers for you are your family.

Ashley@SimplySellingGirl said...

and**

Kristine said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I also lost my Mom to cancer last year. She was only 58. I was at her side when she passed. It has been a tough year. I have no words to make it easier other than to say that I've been there....I know how you feel. Praying for peace and comfort for your family.

Kalamity Kelli said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, words can't bring comfort now but I believe knowing you were there with her must offer you some good feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. Kelli

Ms. Goodwill Haunting said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. You and your family are in my prayers. My mom died 18 years ago from cancer and I went through a very similar experience. I will always treasure the memories of the last few weeks and days we had together. My deepest sympathies.

Kristen said...

I am so very sorry about the passing of your mother. What a precious gift of time you were given to say goodbye.