Sunday, August 18, 2013

Heavy Metal Weekend

Got your attention, didn't I? No, we did not go to a heavy metal concert. I am more of a Barry Manilow kinda a girl anyway. Even though I did not "plan" on visiting any thrifts or garage sales this weekend, I still managed to make just one stop.

 

When I saw these pieces I just had a feeling that they were something I need to put into my basket. I did not know exactly what they were, but I did know they were probably somewhat valuable.

After some research and with some help from a few online buddies I was able to find out a great deal of information. This site,Catherineholm fan was a great source of information on the history of these pieces. Looking at the othe pieces that were made I can see how people come to love them.

 

 

Here is another vintage enamel piece from Finland. I don't really know a whole lot about this piece, if you do please share!! What I do know is that it is highly desirable.

 

 

And last but not least, here is a Rachel Ray cast iron white enamel skillet. It needs a little TLC, but I am sure it will find a new home quickly!

 

Those are my heavy metal finds this weekend! How was your weekend??

 

 

 

9 comments:

Jill said...

I have only ever seen Catherine Holm once and that was just a couple of weeks ago, the pieces were really expensive. Nice finds for you!

Anonymous said...

It's a Finel of Finland Mushroom Bowl Designed by Kaj Franck

Lisa Richardson said...

Thanks Jill! This is the first time for me.

Anonymous: Thanks for the information! Really appreciate it.

Lisa

Kalamity Kelli said...

Holy Cow Lisa! You are going to make your trip money solely on the first three pieces you showed us and then the Rachael Ray skillet will be icing on the cake! Okay, maybe you won't make the WHOLE amount but you are going to make a huge dent in it. Once I had some Danish enamelware that I accidentally picked up at a yard sale and the 4 pieces I had sold for nearly $1,000 altogether. That was in 2001 on eBay and it's only become even more desirable. Mine was solid color and yours has Mushrooms on it! good luck and please let us know how you do!

We are: clamco said...

Great pieces! Looks like you hit the jackpot Lisa!

Melissa said...

Um, yeah, you hit the freaking jackpot!!! I've only ever found one piece, it's not common to just stumble upon it. Good for you!

Amber Rose said...

Oh yes you did! Big money there good for you! Scandinavian enamelware is super hot right now. I'd start that education process so you know to nab it when you see it. I google key words and look at images...then try and burn it in my brain!
Chanelle

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Fabulous pieces and such wonderful finds. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Such fabulous pieces! TFS! hugs...